Hi, I am Eira
I make jams, jellys, chutneys, pickles and other preserves from the kitchen of my InnerCity Cardiff home, wherever possible using seasonal produce grown and foraged in and around the Cardiff area.
People seem to like the things I make so you have a chance of getting hold of some, directly from me at one of Cardiffs Farmers Markets that I attend. Generally to be found on alternating weekends either at Roath on a Saturday or Riverside on a Sunday, come and see what I have available. There are some things to try with some homemade bread to try them with and I can tell to you about everything that I make.
Nov 2013 - I am now able to attend Roath market every Saturday up until Christmas :)
My next markets are:
- Sat.23rd November - Roath Farmers Market, Mackintosh Sports club 9:30-1pm.
- Sat.23rd November - Birchgrove W.I. Christmas Fair, St. Thomas Church, Pantbach Rd. 2pm-5pm
- Thu.28th November - Ysgol Mynydd Bychan Christmas Fair (evening).
Fri.29th November - Ysgol Glantaf Christmas Fair 2pm-5pm.(now later date)
- Sat.30th November - Roath Farmers Market, Mackintosh Sports club 9:30-1pm.
- Fri.6th December - Llysfaen Primary School, Rowan Way 3.30-6.30pm.
- Sat.7th December - Roath Farmers Market, Mackintosh Sports club 9:30-1pm.
- Sun.8th December - Riverside Farmers Market, Cardiff 10-2pm.
- Weds.11th December - Ysgol Glantaf Christmas Fair 2pm-5pm.
- Sat.14th December - Roath Farmers Market, Mackintosh Sports club 9:30-1pm.
- Sun.15th December - Chapter Festive Food Fair, Canton 11am-6pm.
- Sat.21st December - Roath Farmers Market, Mackintosh Sports club 9:30-2pm.
- Sun.22nd December - Riverside Farmers Market, Cardiff 10-3pm.
I am going to take January off! No cooking, no markets so see you on 1st February at Roath.
I also now make some things all year round when I come across good looking produce.
A few things, like my caramelised red onion chutney, pickled cucumbers, aubergine pepper & tomato chutney and brown sauce are so popular that I cant make them fast enough to keep up. Because everything is handmade, by me, in small quantities and I insist on keeping them for 4-6 weeks in the dark after making them (to make sure that you get to have them at their best) this also means that you need to grab them while you can!
Roath Farmers Market is based at Mackintosh Sports Club, Keppoch Street
in Roath and is held every Saturday from 9:30 until 1.00pm.
Riverside Farmers Market is held every Sunday from 10:00am until 2:00pm upon Taff Embankment opposite the Millenium Stadium.
Some of my products can also now be purchased at Caesars Arms Farmshop in Creigau.
If you are very quick you might even be able to get hold of some Pecan Pie or maybe Keylime Pie from the HangFire Smokehouse Girls, based in the Canadian Public House, a stonesthrow from my Adamsdown kitchen.